Stucco is one of the building materials that gain popularity over time. The material will not be least when we talk about the appearance and functions. Aside from that, stucco is one of the best materials you should have at home because it will help you reduce the energy bills you have. Before going further, let us first discuss the meaning of stucco. If you are new to this concept, this article is a big help!
Stucco came from a mixture of cement, sand, and lime. It is a cement-based plaster perfect for places that have drier climates. As the uses of stucco become popular, this material comes in two different types. The first is the one-coat stucco, and the second is the three-coat stucco. The three-coat stucco involves the application of three layers: the scratch coat, brown, and finish coat. Each of the coats serves many purposes. On the other hand, the one-coat stucco does not require a complicated process but is prone to damages.?
Even though we will use high-quality stucco, the time will come that we need to repair them. It happens significantly, when we do not conduct maintenance and the weather changes rapidly. However, it is not a problem since?stucco repair in Columbia, Maryland,?is beyond ready to ensure that the damages and issues with our stucco are under control. With a single call, the company will be right at your doorsteps and beyond ready to serve you better!
At this point, let us talk about the advantages and disadvantages of using a stucco. The advantages of stucco include the following:?
- Stucco looks beautiful.
- It is affordable compared to bricks.
- You will no longer worry about the installation because it will not require you complicated ways.
- Stucco is a type of building material that is energy efficient. It will help during the cold and warm seasons.
For the disadvantages, it includes the following:
- Stucco is expensive compared to vinyl and fiber cement siding.
- As the structure of the house contracts, settles and expands, the stucco might crack.
- It is not advisable for areas that have high moisture since they will get damaged so easily.
Additionally, if you plan to install stucco on your property, you should know the following warning signs that the stucco is a failure:
- The obvious sign of stucco failure is crack. Aside from that, you can observe stains, missing parts of the stucco, and dark spots. If you observed that your stucco is in trouble, do not let the problems become worst, call our team for the repair.??
- If you have observed that interior leakings occur in your stucco, then it is a sign that it has issues. With that, you need to examine and inspect the major cause of those problems. But, if you do not know where to begin, it is best to call professionals.?
Furthermore, if you have observed strange and unusual signs that your stucco is in trouble, better call experts. With them, they can do everything to save your property and can provide advice. They will help you obtain the best building for your family, business, and many more.?